SBA Arkansas 2020 Entrepreneurial Support Organization of the Year: ReMix Ideas
Congratulations to ReMix Ideas – the SBA Arkansas 2020 Entrepreneurial Support Organization of the Year! Benito Lubazibwa founded ReMix Ideas in 2017 with the mission of building a more inclusive and equitable entrepreneurial ecosystem for Black-owned small businesses.
Through its small business assistance programs, ReMix Ideas has helped 50+ businesses get started, strengthened 150+ businesses, and hosted 7 pitch competitions. ReMix Ideas programs include:
- ReMix Ideas Business Academy (RIBA) – A 12-week program tailored to address the unique barriers faced by entrepreneurs in communities of color.
- The Rock It! Lab – A partnership with Central Arkansas Library System that provides under-resourced entrepreneurs with no-cost co-working space, technical assistance, workshops, programs, events, and one-on-one consulting.
- Shop Black Live (SBL) – A weekly show and online marketplace showcasing and selling Black-owned products.
- Power of Many Grant – $1,000 micro-grants and technical assistance awarded to 12 recipients annually.
- Little Rock Night Market: A family-friendly event for startups, artists, and entrepreneurs to showcase and test their ideas/products while encouraging shoppers to buy local and strengthening the local economy.
- Freedom Project: Provides African Americans who have been formerly incarcerated with the tools and resources to start and run successful businesses.
The onset of COVID-19 created more challenges for Black-owned businesses which traditionally lack access to resources during a crisis. In response, ReMix Ideas launched the COVID-19 Equity in Action Group – an assembly of stakeholders who work together to anticipate, solve and advocate for equitable outcomes for Black enterprises during and after the pandemic. Learn more at www.remixideas.com